This is the central hub for BX system user documentation.
All Pages in the BX namespace.
Help / General Info
Email admin-at-bx.psu.edu for support.
- Wartik Lab
- New User Info
- Network Connections
- Accounts and Passwords
- The New Genomics Cluster
- Sun Grid Engine Usage
- Computing Resources
Forms / Requests
- Ganglia distributed HPC Monitoring
- Current System Status (login: guest/guest)
- BX SGE Grid Status
- Network graphs
- Network Weathermap
- Webalizer Website Statistics (weblogin)
- BX Webmail (weblogin)
- BX Password Change (weblogin)
- AFS Home Directory Info (weblogin)]
- AFS Server Disk Usage
- Mail Forward Tool (weblogin)
Recent System News
Mon, Mar 8, 2010
- The new Solaris+ZFS+AFS home directory storage has been brought fully online and all home directories migrated back to the 3 new virtualized machines, afs-fs4, afs-fs5, afs-fs6. The new filesystem allocation uses ZFS, with compression turned on, resulting in 1.75 to 1 compression on average for home directories.
- The machine previously known as coltrane has been re-purposed as a VMware ESXi machine, running the 3 new Solaris AFS fileservers. The machine currently known as coltrane is now a virtualized CentOS 5.4 machine.
Sun, Feb 21 2010
- mail.bx.psu.edu has been decomissioned as per the announcements to all@bx (1, 2). Please see BX:Mail for the canonical instructions for configuring your mail client.
- Thursday, March 18, 2010 OPP has requested a whole-building power outage for Wartik Lab from 4AM to 7AM. Equipment on backup power will not be effected. We are currently unsure if we will be able to move the server equipment onto the new backup power in time.